Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Diaper Cake Directions

Free diaper cake directions provided by Whitny Crutcher (Tyler, TX, USA), for her adorable "Turquoise And Chocolate Delight."

"I first purchased a cake plate from Hobby Lobby. They are pre-made and covered in silver paper. Next I purchased Parents Choice New Born diapers, 4ft of turquoise ribbon, and chocolate brown rick-rack.

1. I rolled each diaper (roughly 50 count) and secured them with a clear small rubber band.

2. Next, I decided the sizes for the layers, and secured them with the ribbon, wrapping it all the way around tying the turquoise in the front with cute little bows, and securing the chocolate brown in the back with hot glue.

3. Once all the layers were completed I stacked them biggest to smallest using double stick tape to secure them in place.

4. For decoration I purchased a Burt's Bees baby set, and travel size Johnson & Johnson baby necessities. I also used pacifiers and secured a bottle in back. I used curling ribbon to add a special touch to the small bubbles and placed an adorable rubber ducky on top.

5. To take it to the next level of cuteness I purchased foam sticky letters to the cake stand spelling the sweet baby's name. I don't have pictures of the cake being built, but I think it turned out really well for my 1st cake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment